About the Artwork
“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.” — Ansel Adams
Film and Prints
I am a quality-conscious and meticulous person. These attributes are apparent in my photography and in the end product I produce. My images are an important part of my life as I hope they will be of yours. Many of those that appear on my website were made when I used 35 mm equipment and slide processing. All of the images you view are the original product of the artist. To obtain my transparency images I used high quality, 35 mm professional slide film, Fuji Velvia (ISO 50 or 100), for that work.
In 2009 I purchased a Nikon D300 professional digital camera and upgraded my lens collection. All of my images are now made with digital equipment. So the images you view are a mix of my work with slide film (converted to digital files) and my digital images. Those selected are then fine tuned to acquire the best possible print. The process of fine tuning involves removing dust spots, correcting colors and adjusting the overall brightness to represent the scene as it was when the photograph was made.
In an effort to give my clients a quality product and my images as much longevity as possible, I have taken steps to use materials that will prolong their life in the environment in which they are displayed. I do my own printing (Epson 3800 professional printer) with the exception of images greater than 17 inches wide. Presently, I am using Epson’s Exhibition Fiber paper for my prints. With its release in 2007, this breakthrough paper has been revered as one of the most extraordinary color output papers a photographer could choose for his/her work.
This effort to achieve longevity of prints is carried over in the matting of the images. I use museum quality mat board and acid free mounting materials (tape and foam board). Museum mat board (also known as rag mat) is produced from cotton fiber and is naturally free of acids. Museum mat board is treated to fight off future attack by air pollution or acidic environments.
In summary, I attempt to make this a high quality product; not only in the imagery, but also in the presentation. In purchasing my photographs you can feel confident that your investment will continue to maintain its value and quality over time.
Preparation of the Quotation Products
As with my other photographic products I consider good presentation as critical to the artist as it is to the buyer. It speaks of pride in craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- A 5” x 5” piece of mat board (this forms the top, floating layer) is covered with a high quality fine parchment paper that has a distinctive design and contributes to the classic elegance of this product.
- A window (an opening in the mat board) is cut in this top layer to view the image below.
- The quotation appears below the window and the title of the image is placed above the window.
- All printing is done on a computer using a Lucida Calligraphy font to enhance the elegance of this product.
- A 2.5” by 3.5” image is mounted on a separate layer of mat board underneath the top layer and 1/8 inch spacers are placed between the two layers of mat board; it is a sandwiching process.
- Rich furniture finish frame (5” x 5”) with glass and a dust cover backing completes this engaging, unique framed piece.
- The product can be placed on a supporting stand or hung on wall.
Click here to begin viewing the selection of images and quotations for the framed quotation product. New photographs and quotations will be posted periodically. Please check the Pricing and Ordering page for purchasing details.
Flower and Matted Quotations
- An 8″ x 10″ piece of museum quality mat board is covered with a high quality fine parchment paper that has a distinctive design and contributes to the classic elegance of this product.
- A window (an opening in the mat board) is cut to view the 4″ x 6″ image. An appropriate, flower quotation appears below the window, and the title of the image is placed above the window.
- All printing is done on a computer using a Lucida Calligraphy font to make this an attractive product.
- These are unframed products. However, you can have them framed in a rich furniture finish wood molding. Select the Matted and Framed option button at the bottom of the display pages. If you are using the order form there is a place to choose this option.
Click here to begin viewing the selection of images and quotations for the matted quotation product or click here to begin viewing the selection of images and quotations for the flower quotation product. New photographs and quotations will be posted periodically. Please check the Pricing and Ordering page for purchasing details.
Preparation of Note Cards
I have chosen an elegant Strathmore card stock to provide the quality and satisfaction my customers expect and deserve.
- The 5¼ × 7¼” ivory deckle (textured) note cards come with matching envelopes.
- They are handmade using 4″x 6″ photographs mounted on the Strathmore blank heavy card stock
- The title of the image is printed on the front of the card.
- On the back of the note card is the title and location where the image was taken along with my logo, address, phone number and websit
- Each card and envelope is packaged in a clear protective closure bag. The bags are acid free and archival.
- The prints are produced on my Epson 3800 professional printer using archival quality inks to produce an outstanding image.